Shawmut has been named one of the nation’s Best Workplaces by FORTUNE® Magazine, marking the fifth time the firm has received this national honor.
As the premier best workplaces ranking in the nation, FORTUNE partners with Great Place to Work to assess an organization’s quality and consistency of a great employee experience, defined by high levels of trust, respect, credibility, fairness, pride, and camaraderie. Overall, 94% of employees say Shawmut is a great place to work—37% higher than employees at a typical U.S.-based company. Highlights from employee feedback include:
- 95% of employees say when you join the company, you are made to feel welcome.
- 94% of employees say management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
- 94% of employees say people here are given a lot of responsibility.
- 94% of employees say they are offered training or development to further themselves professionally.
This recognition reflects Shawmut’s continued commitment to upholding a talent-driven, leading-edge workplace that fosters safety and innovation through diversity of people and thought. Reasons Shawmut employees say the company is a best place to work:
1. People-First Culture: Shawmut invests in its people to help all employees grow and develop—through leadership development programs, transparent tools, and a clear career path—allowing them to reach their fullest potential.
2. Employee-Owned: Shawmut is 100% employee-owned, meaning every employee is invested in the success of the company and reaps the financial benefits of being part owner through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
3. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: At the core of Shawmut’s culture is fostering an environment where everyone, from any background, can feel like they belong and bring their best selves to work. Shawmut realizes that diversity of people and thought is what’s going to drive the firm and the industry forward.
4. Safety: Safety is engrained into Shawmut's foundation with a top-down, bottom-up approach that drives innovation and continuous improvement. The firm actively works to drive a safe and injury-free environment to make sure everyone goes home not only safely each night but improved so they come back the next day even better.
5. Benefits: Shawmut offers benefits that are among the best in the industry—from company paid health insurance to flexible work arrangements and more—the firm’s comprehensive benefits packages are designed to help employee-owners enjoy happy and healthy lifestyles, while encouraging work-life integration and workplace flexibility.
The prestigious ranking is Shawmut’s latest national recognition for the company, which has won more than 75 Best Place to Work awards nationally, including numerous within the company’s regional markets of Boston, New York, Los Angeles, and more.
To view Shawmut’s Great Place to Work® profile click here.