For a second consecutive year, Shawmut’s New York office has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in NYC by Crain’s New York Business. Ranking #16 within the large company category, Shawmut was honored as one of New York’s top 100 companies offering a workplace culture that puts people first while contributing to the fabric of the city.
As a 100% employee-owned company, we recognize that our employees are our strongest resource, and as a talent-driven, award-winning organization, are relentless in our mission to create a leading-edge workplace that fosters safety and innovation through diversity of people and thought. The core of Shawmut's culture includes:
- Fostering an environment where everyone, from any background, can feel like they belong and bring their best selves to work—and realize that diversity of people and thought is what drives us forward.
- Engraining safety into our foundation with a top-down, bottom-up approach that drives innovation and continuous improvement—actively working to drive a safe and injury-free environment so everyone goes home safely each night and comes back the next day improved.
- Investing in our people to help all employees grow and develop through leadership development programs, transparent tools, and a clear career path.
- Being 100% employee-owned means every employee is invested in the success of the company and reaps the financial benefits of being part owner through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Offering benefits that are among the best in the industry—from paid family leave to flexible work arrangements—to promote a happy, healthy lifestyle while encouraging work-life integration and workplace flexibility.
This latest award for Shawmut's New York Metro region comes as we embark on a significant ten-year growth trajectory driven by a dedicated effort to increase market share of larger, more sophisticated projects—including bolstering expertise in the commercial, education, healthcare, and life sciences sectors.