Shawmut was named a 2023 Best Place to Work by Boston Business Journal. Ranking #9 within the large company category, Shawmut was honored as one of Massachusetts top 80 companies that have built outstanding work environments for their people.
As a 100% employee-owned company, Shawmut recognizes that its employee-owners are their strongest resource, and as a talent-driven, award-winning organization, are relentless in their mission to create a leading-edge workplace that fosters safety and innovation through diversity of people and thought. The core of Shawmut's culture includes:
- Fostering an environment where everyone, from any background, can feel like they belong and bring their best selves to work—and realize that diversity of people and thought is what drives the company forward.
- Engraining safety into the foundation with a top-down, bottom-up approach that drives innovation and continuous improvement—actively working to drive a safe and injury-free environment so everyone goes home safely each night and comes back the next day improved.
- Investing in their people to help all employees grow and develop through leadership development programs, transparent tools, and a clear career path.
- Being 100% employee-owned means every employee is invested in the success of the company and reaps the financial benefits of being part owner through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Offering benefits that are among the best in the industry—from paid family leave to flexible work arrangements—to promote a happy, healthy lifestyle while encouraging work-life integration and workplace flexibility.
This latest award for Shawmut's New England region comes as the firm continues to progress on large, complex projects—including the 808 Windsor Street life sciences complex at Boynton Yards, UMass Chan Medical School’s new education and research center, and MIT’s Metropolitan Warehouse adaptive reuse.