Everything we do revolves around it.
When it comes to safety, we have one rule: Make sure every single person who works with us or for us returns home safely every day. That means everyone, from field personnel to our executive leadership team, is charged with promoting, ensuring, and driving a culture of safety.
- »Our safety policies go above and beyond OSHA standards.
- »All Shawmut Superintendents are OSHA 30-Hour trained.
- »Every Shawmut operations employee is at least OSHA 10-Hour trained.
- »Every person who walks on every site must complete our orientation.
- »We seek out and prequalify subcontractors with exceptional safety ratings.
- »Our Experience Modification Rate of .81 is exceptional for firms our size.
- »We have a zero-tolerance policy for unsafe practices.
- »Companywide “Safety Week” trains over 9,000 clients and subcontractors.
- »We created “subcontractor Safety Partnership Committees” to discuss and develop industry happenings and help the industry change.
- »We monitor all jobsite safety through a real-time safety metrics system.