A note from CEO Les Hiscoe:
As Shawmut’s fiscal year comes to a close, I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished—delivering for our clients, building our relationships with diverse suppliers, progressing in our strategic growth plan, and continuing our work to make Shawmut a workplace of inclusion and belonging.
With continued uncertainty and unknowns in the industry and world, our people have doubled down on their commitment to providing certainty of outcome—through preconstruction, construction management best practices, safety, and innovation.
It's because of this dedication to excellence and strong sense of ownership that this year, Shawmut:
- Grew our business 30%
- Ranked as #2 Fortune Best Workplace, marking more than 80 best place to work awards
- Named Kimberly Bishop as our new chair of the board of directors
- Topped off the main structures of our largest project, at $550M, in the company’s history
- Opened a new office at 488 Madison Avenue in New York and celebrated 20 years of calling the city home
- Grew our West region’s education and institutional project portfolio and talent bench
- Hired a head of Florida to drive our growth in South Florida
- Reached key milestones on our largest, $325M life science and biomedical research facility project in New England
- Won national safety awards
- Celebrated trade partner graduates of our Building Partners Series, which increases opportunities for Underrepresented Business Enterprises
- Launched a cross-functional Mental Health & Wellness Leadership Group
- Won building maverick awards for harnessing the power of technology
Success doesn’t happen in a vacuum. We are grateful for our forward-thinking clients and partners and are excited for what’s to come in 2024.